Video Contest Official Rules
Winners are chosen starting September 20th, 2019 and ending October 4th , 2019.
(5) Weekly Winners of a Signed Copy of the Backyard Bug Book for Kids
🍅 Winners 1-5: September 20th , 2019
🍅 Winners 6-10: September 27th, 2019
🍅 Winners 11-15: October 4th, 2019
The 2019 World Tomato Society Video Contest; #showusyourbugs (the “Contest”) begins September 16, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. US Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) and ends October 4, 2019, 12:00 p.m. US Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”). Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these official rules (“Official Rules”). By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to the Official Rules and warrants that his or her entry complies with all requirements set out in the Official Rules. This is a skill-based contest and chance plays no part in the determination of winners.
Who may enter
Contest is open only to individuals who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction. Employees of World Tomato Society, and its subsidiaries and affiliates, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such employees, whether or not related are not eligible.
How to enter
Each entry consists of a single video, not more than 2 minutes in length, containing your child (ages 10 and under) in the garden with bugs, describing why they would like to win a copy of the book. To enter, post your video on Facebook and/or Instagram, include #showusyourbugs in the description and tag @worldtomatosociety on the photo. There is no limit on the number of entries per person. Each entry must comply with the World Tomato Society Official Rules as well as the following requirements:
- Videos must be in digital format. Only online entries will be eligible.
- The video must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of World Tomato Society, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
- The video, in its entirety, must be a single video of original material taken by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted video is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the video does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the video.
- Videos that include sculptures, statues, paintings, and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud; provided entrants must be prepared to provide a release form as described below in “Release.” When recording the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment and not a full-frame close-up of another person’s art.
- The #showusyourbugs and @worldtomatosociety must be complete and accurate to enter contest.
- Copyrighted videos are unacceptable.
By submitting, contestants must agree to the following:
- I understand that any digital videos submitted will become and remain the property of World Tomato Society.
- I hereby give permission to World Tomato Society to use and/or reproduce any or all digital images for any purpose including multi-media publications (print, Internet, broadcast television, presentations, etc.) without compensation. World Tomato Society will make every reasonable effort to ensure the creator of the video is properly credited when the video is used.
- I understand that my submittal may be used in its entirety or in part and may be revised, modified, or combined with other images/videos for use by World Tomato Society.
- I have received permission from all person(s) in the video(s) for use of their likeness as part of my entry into the World Tomato Society Photo Contest.
- I understand that any digital video(s) submitted may be viewed by the public and may be displayed on various World Tomato Society social media platforms.
- I certify that the video(s) I submitted are unique and original, taken by me, and do not infringe upon any copyright or patent.
- I certify that I have read and understand the rules of the contest.
We look forward to your creepy, crawly submissions!